File preparation rules
Materials shall be prepared according the following requirements:
- Files shall be prepared in PDF form (versions: from 1.4 to 1.6), using the Press quality settings.
- Then converting the images and objects to CMYK colour system, ICC profile shall be used corresponding to the used type of paper (According Table No. 1).
- The image resolution (not less than): Cold-set 170 dpi, Heat set 300 dpi.
- PDF files may not contain RGB, SPOT objects.
- The submitted PDF file shall be in original size.
- The Pages shall be centred in PDF file.
- PDG file shall include all the used fonts.
- PDF file shall not include the colour ICC profile.
- In case of different colourful object coating it shall be observed that the object of the darker colour shall cover the edge of the lighter object for 0.1 – 0.4 mm (Trapping).
- In the products provided for post-treatment shall be used the crop marks and bleeds for not less than 3 mm. The texts and important objects shall not be closed than 4 mm to the cropping.
- The settings of the customer overprint for all the colours are maintains as well as there is performed the forced overprint Black setting for 100 % Black objects.
- If overprint or trapping has particular requirements, the Customer shall obligatory inform the Customer about it before the order submission.
- The file names within one issue shall be with similar structure in order to provide the automatic workflow:
File name/ underline/ page number/ dot/ pdf
For example: Izklaide#21_05.pdf
- If agreed with LLC Poligrāfijas grupa Mūkusala, it is possible to include several pages in one file.
- In case of discovered faults, the new file shall be submitted by the changed name.
For example: Izklaide#21_05New.pdf
- Cover files shall be submitted in the combined way 4 with cover 1, 2 with cover 3 in separate pdf files.
|CMYK ICC profile||ISOnewspaper26v4.icc – newspaper (NP) and improved newspaper (INP)|
|ISOcoated_v2_300_eci.icc – HWC, MWC, LWC, WFC papers|
|SC_ paper_eci.icc – SC, MF, LWU, MFC, INP papers|
|PSOuncoated_v3_FOGRA52.icc – WBU, SBU papers|
|Coloured reading matter on coloured background||Not less than 10 dots||Not less than 6 dots|
|Total ink amount||240 % – newspaper (NP) and improved newspaper (INP)||270% – INP, MF, SC, LWU papers|
|300% – LWC, MWC, WFC, MFC, MFU papers|
|300% – HWC paper for covers|
|Screening of large colour areas||95% – newspaper (NP) and improved newspaper (INP)||98% – INP, MF, SC, LWU papers|
If necessary, Poligrāfijas grupa Mukusala can provide technical advice on preparation of PDF files. First two advisory sessions are free of charge.